VOP CZ signs Memorandum of Cooperation with the Czech Ministry of Defence
The Ministry of Defence of the Czech Republic signed a Memorandum of Cooperation with the state enterprise VOP CZ for the largest army contract in modern history with a total volume of more than 50 billion CZK (2.224 billion USD).
The planned project to acquire 210 pieces of new armored armored vehicles is to replace the outdated vehicles of BVP-2 Soviet production and a competition will be held between four foreign manufacturers. The signing of the Memorandum of Cooperation emphasizes and confirms the important role of VOP CZ for the Ministry of Defence of the Czech Republic within this project.
"Today, we signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Military Repair Firm on the project to acquire new belt conveyors. This is the largest modernization project in the history of the ACR. Our goal is to maximize the involvement of the domestic defense industry," Defence Minister Lubomir Metnar said after signing the memorandum.
"State Enterprise VOP CZ is a key partner of the Ministry of Defense and the signing of the memorandum confirms the strategy of our company. This is the maximum support for the Czech army in the area of ground technology," commented the signature of the memorandum Marek Špok, Director of VOP CZ.
The Ministry of Defence will address four armaments suppliers in the Infantry Armored Vehicle Production Project (BVP). BAE Systems with CV90, GDELS with ASCOD, Rheinmetall with LYNX and PSM with PUMA. More than 50 billion crowns of the project's financial volume include service and life cycle assurance.
The armament companies will compete not only in price and better technology but also in how much production and service they will move to Czech companies. VOP CZ has already signed a cooperation agreement with all four of these bidders in case they get the contract. The Ministry of Defence has also confirmed the important role of VOP CZ in the BVP project.
"It is an opportunity for the development of cooperation between Czech state-owned enterprises, which, like us, is subordinate to the Ministry of Defense of the Czech Republic. It is a unique chance for the entire Czech arms industry. We can all show how we can work together to cope with this challenging project. In addition, production and the supply of modern infantry armored vehicles, including their after-sales service, can bring jobs to the region for up to 30 years," adds Marek Špok.
- 17.06.2020Attendee List and Hotel Accommodation Scam Alert
- 09.06.2020Lind Electronics to Exhibit at Future Forces 2020
- 03.06.2020Military Technical Institute to Present its Capability within the FFF
- 28.05.2020EUROLAMP Exhibits at Future Forces 2020
- 25.05.2020DiMiMED 2020
- 15.05.2020Latest FFF Newsletter
- 14.04.2020Weibel Scientific Exhibits at Future Forces 2020
- 01.04.2020FUTURE FORCES FORUM 2020 to be held as planned
- 27.03.2020Pandemic Response Innovation Challenge - NATO Innovation Hub
- 25.03.2020Fitness Containers MilFit Gym® at Future Forces Exhibition 2020
- 13.03.2020Microflown AVISA Exhibits at Future Forces 2020
- 12.03.2020CZ Becomes Partner of the FUTURE FORCES FORUM
- 06.03.2020Logistics Capability Conference 2020 - Call for Papers
- 06.01.2020Future Forces Exhibition 2020
- 20.12.2019Season's Greetings
- 25.11.2019SCADA Security 2019 - Final Report
- 15.11.2019Meet us at Milipol Paris
- 11.11.2019Veterans Day
- 06.11.2019-10% Early Bird for Future Forces Exhibition 2020
- 16.10.2019Upcoming FFF Event: SCADA Security Conference 2019
- 16.10.2019Arbit Presents C4ISR and Cyber Security Solutions at Future Forces 2020
- 08.10.2019PlastPack Defence Exhibits at Future Forces 2020
- 18.09.2019Upcoming FFF Event: 5G Workshop 2019
- 13.09.20196th Forum Commanders of European Land Forces
- 12.09.2019CONCORDIA Textiles at Future Forces 2020 Exhibits Special Textiles for Army and Police
- 05.09.2019KOUTNÝ Presents Battle Uniforms at Future Forces 2020
- 17.07.2019Dantherm Exhibits at Future Forces 2020
- 17.07.2019SET Security Equipment Technologies Exhibits at Future Forces 2020
- 05.06.2019Bo Gwang I&T Exhibits at Future Forces 2020
- 05.06.2019International Tender for 4x4 multi-purpose vehicles for Slovak Armed Forces
- 04.06.2019FFF Events are Organized Under the Auspices of the Minister of Defence
- 20.05.2019Carrington Textiles Exhibits at Future Forces 2020
- 16.05.2019ACLIMA Exhibits at Future Forces 2020
- 10.05.2019TAIGA Climate Protection Systems Exhibits at Future Forces 2020
- 11.04.2019We Became a Member of the AFCEA Czech Chapter
- 08.04.2019WE ARE NATO - 70th Anniversary and 20 Years of the Czech Republic Membership
- 02.04.2019Interview with MAJ Magnus Hallberg (SWE), Vice-chairman NATO LCGDSS at FFF 2018
- 05.02.2019VOP CZ signs Memorandum of Cooperation with the Czech Ministry of Defence
- 18.01.2019Meet us at SHOT SHOW 2019
- 17.01.2019Looking Back to the FFF 2018
- 23.12.2018Season's Greetings
- 03.12.2018Final Report & Catalogue FFF 2018
- 29.11.2018FFF in the Czech and international media
- 23.10.2018FFF 2018 Successfully Concluded
- 04.10.2018LEONARDO Helicopters becomes VIP Lounge Sponsor
- 03.10.2018UPDATE from the FUTURE FORCES EXHIBITION
- 02.10.2018Presentation of Medical Rescue Service of South Bohemia Region
- 02.10.2018Safran and Pramacom present new sight system PASEO ISTAR for Infantry Fight Vehicle At Future Forces Forum
- 01.10.2018Unique Biometrics and Cyber Conference in Prague
- 01.10.2018The latest defence and security technologies – FUTURE FORCES FORUM again in Prague in October