plk. gšt. Ing. Jan Círek
Future Forces Forum Geospatial, Hydrometeorological and GNSS Conference (GEOMETOC) 2018 Výstava Future Forces 2018
Náčelník hydrometeorologické služby
Ministerstvo obrany - Generální štáb AČR
Col. Jan Círek has been Chief of Hydrometeorological Service of the Czech Armed Forces since 2012. He currently chairs to the NATO Military Committee Working Group for Meteorology and Oceanography.
During his military career he has been working in various post in the field of meteorology and deployed in the foreign NATO Ops to Kosovo (KFOR 2003), Greece (NRF 2004), Afghanistan (ISAF 2009). Additionally was appointed to the UN missions Georgia (UNOMIG 2001-2002), Kosovo (UNMIK 2005-2006), where he performed duties as a military observer and military advisor.
Col. Jan Círek has been involved in the NATO METOC issues directly, during his deployment in NATO Command Structure (JFC Brunssum 2008-2010, SHAPE Mons 2010-2012).
Col. Jan Círek was awarded by several professionals and military prizes and medals, e.g.
* Honorary Badge of ACR "In Merits" Grade III (2013)
* Medal For Service Abroad -Grade III (2010)
* Medal of the Czech Defence Minister „In Service Abroad“– ISAF - Grade III (2009)
* Medal of Czech Armed Forces -Grade I (2009)
* Medal of Czech Armed Forces - Grade III, II (1999, 2004)
* UN Medal UNMIK 1,2 (2006)
* The Honorary Badge NATO RESPONSE FORCE – 1 (2004)
* Medal of the Czech Defence Minister „In Service Abroad“ – KFOR Grade III (2003)
* In Service for NATO – Kosovo Cooperation Medal (2003)
* UN Medal UNOMIG 1,2,3 (2001, 2002)