VOP CZ signs Memorandum of Cooperation with the Czech Ministry of Defence
The Ministry of Defence of the Czech Republic signed a Memorandum of Cooperation with the state enterprise VOP CZ for the largest army contract in modern history with a total volume of more than 50 billion CZK (2.224 billion USD).
The planned project to acquire 210 pieces of new armored armored vehicles is to replace the outdated vehicles of BVP-2 Soviet production and a competition will be held between four foreign manufacturers. The signing of the Memorandum of Cooperation emphasizes and confirms the important role of VOP CZ for the Ministry of Defence of the Czech Republic within this project.
"Today, we signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Military Repair Firm on the project to acquire new belt conveyors. This is the largest modernization project in the history of the ACR. Our goal is to maximize the involvement of the domestic defense industry," Defence Minister Lubomir Metnar said after signing the memorandum.
"State Enterprise VOP CZ is a key partner of the Ministry of Defense and the signing of the memorandum confirms the strategy of our company. This is the maximum support for the Czech army in the area of ground technology," commented the signature of the memorandum Marek Špok, Director of VOP CZ.
The Ministry of Defence will address four armaments suppliers in the Infantry Armored Vehicle Production Project (BVP). BAE Systems with CV90, GDELS with ASCOD, Rheinmetall with LYNX and PSM with PUMA. More than 50 billion crowns of the project's financial volume include service and life cycle assurance.
The armament companies will compete not only in price and better technology but also in how much production and service they will move to Czech companies. VOP CZ has already signed a cooperation agreement with all four of these bidders in case they get the contract. The Ministry of Defence has also confirmed the important role of VOP CZ in the BVP project.
"It is an opportunity for the development of cooperation between Czech state-owned enterprises, which, like us, is subordinate to the Ministry of Defense of the Czech Republic. It is a unique chance for the entire Czech arms industry. We can all show how we can work together to cope with this challenging project. In addition, production and the supply of modern infantry armored vehicles, including their after-sales service, can bring jobs to the region for up to 30 years," adds Marek Špok.
- 05.02.2019VOP CZ signs Memorandum of Cooperation with the Czech Ministry of Defence
- 18.01.2019Meet us at SHOT SHOW 2019
- 17.01.2019Looking Back to the FFF 2018
- 23.12.2018Season's Greetings
- 03.12.2018Final Report & Catalogue FFF 2018
- 29.11.2018FFF in the Czech and international media
- 23.10.2018FFF 2018 Successfully Concluded
- 04.10.2018LEONARDO Helicopters becomes VIP Lounge Sponsor
- 03.10.2018UPDATE from the FUTURE FORCES EXHIBITION
- 02.10.2018Presentation of Medical Rescue Service of South Bohemia Region
- 02.10.2018Safran and Pramacom present new sight system PASEO ISTAR for Infantry Fight Vehicle At Future Forces Forum
- 01.10.2018Unique Biometrics and Cyber Conference in Prague
- 01.10.2018The latest defence and security technologies – FUTURE FORCES FORUM again in Prague in October
- 13.09.2018Luxfer Magtech presents its self-heating product line HeaterMeals used by the US military
- 04.09.2018Carrington / Pincroft named official European printer for MultiCam®
- 31.08.2018Dynamit Nobel Defence presents weapon and simulation systems at FFF
- 24.08.2018BAE Systems will showcase a range of capabilities across land and sea at Future Forces Exhibition
- 17.08.2018CONCORDIA Textiles presents special textiles for military and police forces
- 15.08.2018OPTOKON becomes Gold Partner of the C4ISTAR Panel
- 07.08.2018JISR Institute and URC Systems at Baltic CESMO Trial 2018
- 24.07.2018ROHDE & SCHWARZ becomes Silver Partner of the C4ISTAR Panel
- 28.06.2018Newsletter #12/June 2018
- 02.06.2018JISR Institute becomes Gold Partner of the C4ISTAR Panel within the Future Forces Individual Systems Congress
- 31.05.2018Fire Rescue corps of the Czech Republic will present its capabilities at FFF
- 15.05.2018Welcome Word from the Chairman of the NATO Military Committee
- 03.05.2018BAE SYSTEMS Exhibits at the Future Forces Exhibition
- 17.04.2018Deloitte becomes the Main Partner of the Future of Cyber Conference
- 06.04.2018Integration of the Exoskeleton in the Battlefield Workshop as a part of the FFF
- 21.03.2018W.L. GORE & Associates becomes a Silver Partner of the Future Forces Individual Systems Congress
- 03.03.2018FFF 2018 Under the Auspices of the President of the Czech Republic
- 05.02.2018FFF 2018 Under the Auspices of the Czech Prison Service
- 02.02.2018DELINFO becomes Gold Partner of the C4ISTAR Panel
- 05.01.2018Police President Confirms Active Engagement of the Police in the FFF 2018 programme
- 28.12.2017Auspices of The Czech Academy of Sciences
- 18.12.2017The Defence and Security Industry Association awarded the FFF the auspices
- 07.12.2017FFF Presented in Colombia
- 23.11.2017Early Bird Registration
- 14.11.2017FFF supports the 100th anniversary of the Czech Signal Troops
- 10.11.2017FFF under the auspices of the Minister of Foreign Affairs
- 03.11.2017Presentation of FFF 2018 in NATO HQ
- 27.10.2017FFF under the auspices of the Minister of Regional Development and Minister of the Interior
- 24.10.2017NATO LCG DSS confirmed the will to participate in the FFF 2018
- 20.10.2017FFF under the auspices of the Confederation of industry
- 16.10.2017Positive feedback from the SCADA Security Conference
- 29.09.2017FFF 2018 under the auspices of President of the Police of the Czech Republic
- 20.09.2017FFF under the auspices of Minister of Industry and Trade
- 08.08.2017ICZ becomes Platinum Partner of the C4ISTAR Panel
- 29.06.2017FFF 2018 - Main Focus and Leading Topics of Global Event in Prague
- 20.06.2017Auspices of Prague City Hall
- 14.06.2017FUTURE FORCES FORUM Presented at the G5 SAHEL Conference