Dr. William F. Blakely
Future Forces Forum Future Forces Exhibition 2016 World CBRN & Medical Congress (CEBIRAM) 2016 Future Soldier Systems Conference (FSSC) 2016 Medical Workshop 2016
Senior Scientist – Radiation Biodosimetry
Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute, Uniformed Sevices University of Health Sciences
Senior Scientist, Biological Dosimetry Research Group, Scientific Research Department, Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute (AFRRI), Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS)
Assistant Professor (Appointed 2000), Environmental and Occupational Health Division, Preventive Medicine/Biometrics (PMB), School of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS), Bethesda, MD
Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Radiation Biology, 1980.
M.S., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Physiology, 1976.
B.A., San Diego State University, Zoology (Major)/Chemistry (Minor), 1974.
- Member, Medical Radiological Advisory Team (MRAT), AFRRI, Bethesda, MD
- Project Manager, radiation casualty management software, Biodosimetry Assessment Tool (BAT) and First-responder Radiological Assessment Triage (FRAT)
- Senior Science Advisor, Radiation Emergency Accident Center/Training Site, Oak Ridge, TN
- Member, Radiological Advisory Committee (RAC), New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) New York, New York
- Member of National Council of Radiation Protection and Measurements (NCRP), member of PAC-6 – Radiation Measurements and Dosimetry
- Representative to ISO TC85/SC2 (Radiation Protection) Working Group 18 (Performance criteria for Service Laboratories performing Biological Dosimetry by Cytogenetics)
- Member of BioDoseNet, World Health Organization
- Member of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Biodosimetry Working Group revising the manual for dose assessment by cytogenetics
- Council Member, International Association of Biological and EPR Radiation Dosimetry (IABERD)