Mr. Jan Dvořák Dipl. Eng.
Future Forces Forum Future Forces Exhibition 2016 Military Advanced Robotic Systems (MARS) Conference 2016
Head of the Electrical Department
VOP CZ, s.p.
Autonomous Functions of TAROS – Tactical Robotic System
TAROS V2 (in configuration 6×6) is being tested and developed especially in advanced autonomous functions. The main target of development is to have a fully automated vehicle with orientation in urban environment and in the rugged terrain.
Advanced autonomous functions we are working on now:
- Waypoint navigation – uses the GNSS modules – autonomous driving a vehicle along defined coordinates, repeating of previously learned routes, abilities to follow the routes learned by another robotic device which uses the same GNSS modules.
- Anti-collision system – uses LMS system to detect obstacles – a laser detection of near collisions in the direction of the vehicle travel on a planar ground and in simple situations.
- Follow me - enables navigation of the vehicle so that the vehicle follows a person (object) in a predetermined distance.
- 2005 - 2009 Engineering studies - VŠB – Technical University of Ostrava, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Control and Communication Technology.
List of major projects
- Project MKPV – Mobile entrance checkpoint – desing and solution, manufacture of eletrical documentation.
- Project POVIPO – Workpalce for protection of VIPs – desing and solution, realization and testing.
List of major results
- Pricnipal investigator for the developement of two cooperating subsystems in project POVIPO (subsystem „supervision“ for the protection of VIPs when moving and subsystem „protection“ for the protection of VIPs during movement and residence in the building) and verification their functionality.
- The systém is currently used regularly and for good cooperation between user and researchers in design. Subsequent implementation of the project utilizes modularity of integrated security systems leading to better protection VIPs.
- Project TAROS is unmanned terrestrial remote-controlled ground vehicle capables of moving in difficult terrain. TAROS can be equipped with wide range of sensor and weapon components, robotic arm, communication subsystems, logistical superstructure etc.
- From 2010, emloyed in VOP CZ, s.p. the position: electrical engineer, from 4. 2012 leader of electrician construction group.
- Participation on grant projects Ministry of Defence in field of security systems, electronical security systems, wireless transmissions.